Year 7 Camp to Omaui
In Year 7, camps are held at Omaui at the start of term 4. The camps are 3 days,
Some of the activities are:
- Mountain Biking
- Outdoor cooking
- A night in tents
- Exploring the rocky shore
Year 8 Camp to Deep Cove
In Year 8, camps are held at Deep Cove and start around halfway through Term 3 each year.
- Building snowmen at the top of Wilmot Pass
- Listening to the experiences of Otago University Marine Biologists.
- Experiencing a pod of 50 dolphins playing around our boat, especially the teenage boys who really entertained.
- Getting up Hanging Valley
Year 9 Camp to Mavora
In Year 9, camps are at Lake Mavora. The camps are 3 days, 2 nights.
Some activities are:
- Sleeping in tents
- Preparing food and cooking together
- Exploring the bush
Year 10 Camps
In November all Year 10 classes have an opportunity to choose which ‘camp' they will attend from a wide and varried list. These encompass the usual ‘outdoor' camps, but also offer a Music camp and Southland based adventure camp.
Camp options may include:
- Dunedin: NZ Marine Studies, Museum and University tour
- Mavora: camping at Lake Mavora with activities such as tramping, kayaking, rafting and climbing etc
- Wanaka: Kayaking, archery, horse trekking, mini golf
- Routeburn: walking the Routeburn track
- Surfing: stay at Curio Bay and perfect your surfing skills
- Music: based at SGHS- the music suite is your venue to create your own music and lyrics
Year 12 Leadership and Team Building Day
Year 12 girls enjoy a fantastic start to the school year with a Leadership and Team Building Day in early February at Adventure Southland
Some activities girls take part in:
- Low and High Ropes
- Initiative games
- Climbing Wall
- The Swing and Team Building Games
Year 13 Leadership Camp
In Year 13, leadership camp is held at the beginning of the year.
Girls participate in a wide variety of activities, from personal and group goal setting, through to programme solving in groups and discussions with Mrs Russell, the Careers Advisor.
Girls also meet in their House groups to learn a House chant, vote for House Captains and to prepare a concert to entertain the Senior Leadership Team and Year 13 Tutor teachers.