EOTC (Education Outside The Classroom)
Education outside the classroom (EOTC), in the form of camps is an essential part of school life here at Southland Girls’ High School. We as a school value the learning experiences the students can gain beyond the classroom and see it vitally important to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the wonderful environment in Southland.
Students need to learn in a variety of contexts in order to gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to enjoy a healthy lifestyle, take responsibility for their own safety, form positive relationships with their peers, their teachers and the environment. At Southland Girls’ we offer camps at Year Levels 7 to 10.
Costs of School Camps: (prices are subject to change)
- Year 13 Camp, Borland Lodge – Early Term 1 – $150.00
- Year 10 Camp, Mavora – Term 4 – $250.00
- Year 9 ABL Days @ Adventure Southland – End of Term 1 – $50.00
- Year 8 Camp, Deep Cove – End of Term 3 – $300.00-$350.00
- Year 7 Camp, Dunedin – Term 4 – $225.00