How to enrol
|Dates to be confirmed||Enrolments for 2022 open|
|Open Day, 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Individual School Tours (Click HERE to view our Virtual Tour of SGHS)|
|Acceptance letters emailed|
|New Entrant day for new students entering as Year 7, Year 8 or Year 9.
9:00 am – 12 noon
HOW TO ENROL AT SGHS
Click on the link below to view our zoning map:
Please read through our Enrolment Process below. If you have any questions please contact our Enrolment Team.
- Fill in our Online Enrolment Form, collect a pack from your daughter’s Primary School or from our School Office
- Ensure all documentation listed below is attached to your daughter’s application – we are unable to process applications without these
- An Acceptance letter is emailed to you
- Student/Whanau Interviews commence
- Attend our Options Expo if starting in Year 9 upwards
- Attend New Entrant Day if starting in Years 7, 8 or 9
The following documents must be supplied at the time of enrolment:
- Copy of Birth Certificate or valid Student’s Passport (Photo Page)
- Permanent Residence Permit – (only required if a citizen of another country)
- Copy of Student Visa and Parents Visas – if applicable
- Immunisation Certificate (please let us know if your daughter is not immunised).
If you do not have a copy of your daughter’s immunisation certificate, please contact your local Doctor/GP to obtain a copy of her Immunisation Record.
- Court Documents (if applicable), custodial agreements must be provided at time of student’s interview.
- Hard copies of any documents that were unable to be uploaded, must be hand delivered to the school office as soon as possible to complete your daughter’s enrolment with Southland Girls’ High School.
On acceptance at Southland Girls’ High School each family will receive an email confirming your daughter’s enrolment to SGHS.
All applicants are interviewed by a member of our Senior Leadership Team prior to starting as a student at Southland Girls’ High School.
This allows the school to begin the building of a partnership that includes home, the student and the school. During this conversation, we will learn about your daughters interests, abilities and any additional information that will allow the school to ensure a successful transition to Southland Girls’ High School.
Enwood Boarding House
If your daughter is looking to also board at Enwood House, please click HERE for the enrolment process.
If you are an International Student, please refer to the International Enrolment process HERE.