School Fees 2021
Our parents help provide quality education for our students by giving a voluntary contribution. The donation is used to give your child a full range of opportunities beyond what is funded by the Government. We know this makes a real difference to their success. The donation of $75.00 is a very small amount considering the important items it helps to fund.
- Employing additional teachers so we can offer a wide range of subject choices and smaller classes in some cases
- Resources to support learning, such as:
- Updating and maintaining IT equipment, including audio-visual gear, projectors and state of the art computers
- Technology equipment for specialist subjects such as robotics and digital technology
- Specialist equipment for areas such as music and the performing arts.
- Subsidising curriculum trips within our community e.g. field trips. These are an important way to link classroom learning with the real world, whilst at the same time creating opportunities for the students to explore future careers pathways.
This is a compulsory fee of $125.00, designed to cover actual costs incurred by individual students throughout the year. Such things include:
School Year Book (Magazine), Postage, ENS Attendance Alerts, Corridor Computers, Library Books, Lunchtime recreational activities and equipment, House and Whole School activities such as Athletics Day, Colour Run, and other House activities, medical supplies, additional personal photocopying and archives.
Payments can be made directly into the school bank account or to Student Services which is open from 8.30am to 4.00pm each school day.
Things to note:
- Your annual donation / Utility fee can be a one off payment or you can pay in instalments eg. 4 payments of $50 via internet banking.
- Should you wish to pay for your School Donation/Utility fee via regular instalments (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) please set up payment details through your own Internet Banking System, including the following information:
Account Name: Southland Girls’ High School
Account Number: 12-3434-0028928-001
To correctly identify you and your payment, please enter:
- Particulars: Payment detail eg. trip name, resource purchased
- Code: Student’s AT class
- Reference: Student’s last name
- While a full donation provides more opportunities for our students, we appreciate a partial donation if there are financial constrains within your family. Every little bit helps.
- You can claim 1/3 of your donation or partial donation as a tax credit at anytime of the year, or for any of the previous 4 years (after 1 April 2016). Click HERE for the online link through to the IRD (Inland Revenue Department).
- SGHS IRD number is 049 634 455
If you have any questions please contact our Debtors Manager, Kirsten Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your child benefits from the contributions of current parents and those of previous parents. Each generation ‘Pays it Forward’ to support the high standard of teaching and facilities that benefit each student.
We invite you to join us in continuing to create a culture and a school where each student can thrive.