Your child has been selected in the SGHS Year 7/8 rugby team to compete at the Jonty Carran Memorial Tackle 10’s Tournament at Otautau Primary School. Please read through the following information below and complete the permission form due by Wednesday 22 November 2023.
If you have any questions please contact our Teacher in Charge, Mr Nathan Muir at; email@example.com
- Date: Friday 24 November 2023
- Venue: Otautau Primary School, Otautau
- Time: to be confirmed
- Transport: SGHS school van or students will independently travel with whānau
- Supervision: Coached by SGHS Nathan Muir and additional supervision from Eddie Peters and Anna Devereux
- Draw: to be confirmed
- Cost: $20 per student only if travelling in school van – full payment is due by Wednesday 22 November 2023.
- Please Note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
- Uniform Requirements: SGHS will provide a playing top in addition all players must wear navy blue shorts, red rugby socks, mouthguard and rugby boots. A school activity, sports or jacket to be worn in between games.
The event contains risks, including those associated with the sport of rugby such as soft tissues and impact injuries’ such as broken bones, straining and concussion and accidents that could happen during their daily activities eg; falls, cuts and knocks. This event is by Rugby Southland who will manage risk and hazards and school staff who will follow the school safety management plan. This includes that all safety precautions are followed in accordance with the law, and appropriate supervision and monitoring of the entire group. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions feel free to contact Nathan Muir 03 211 6030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all staff and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will result in your child facing disciplinary actions on their return or sent home at the cost of the Whanau/parent’s or caregivers.
"*" indicates required fields