Your child has expressed an interest in playing rugby in the Under 15 Ten a-side Grade for Southland Girls’ High School for the 2022 season. Please read through the following information and complete the permission form by Friday 11 June 2022.
For any questions regarding this competition please contact our Teacher in Charge of Rugby, Mr Nathan Muir: Nathan.Muir@southlandgirls.school.nz
- Maima Afutu
- Rugby Smart is accredited and registered as a coach with the NZRU
- Provincial Representative Coach
- NZRU Level 1 accredited coach currently working towards Level 2.
- Nathan Muir
- ACC Rugby Smart and registered with the NZRU.
- Maima Afutu
- Dates: games are played on Monday afternoons, with kick-offs at 4:00 pm.
- 16 May, 23 May, 30 May, 13 June, 20 June and 27 June. (No games on the 6 June due to Queen’s Birthday public holiday).
- Venues: Our home ground is Oreti Park at Sandy Point. The only other school entered in this grade is Central Southland College so we assume that games will be split between these two venues.
- Format: 1 x 40 minute game per week (2 x 20-minute halves).
- Registration: All players must be registered with the New Zealand Rugby Union. You will be emailed a link that will take you to an online form to complete (this is not the school permission form). All players must be registered before they can play.
- Transport: Players will be transported by school bus or van to and from the venues. We will do an Enwood House drop off each week. Face masks must be worn by all players and staff when travelling in a school bus or school van. Van’s will be driven by staff at SGHS or the team coach.
- Trainings: every Friday lunchtime at SGHS fields.
- Uniform requirements:
- SGHS Rugby playing jersey will be supplied. This needs to be returned at the end of the competition, cleaned – or you will be charged for a replacement.
- Rugby boots
- SGHS Socks – can be purchased from Mr Muir at a cost of $15.00
- Navy Blue shorts. The SGHS PE shorts are okay to wear for rugby. Navy Blue rugby shorts can be ordered from Mr Muir at a cost of $35.00 or $40.00 depending on the style you want.
- If you do require shorts or socks to be ordered by Mr Muir, please indicate this on the form below.
- Facemask for travelling in the school bus or van.
- Cost: $55.00 per player – full payment due by Monday 23 May 2022.
- Please note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
Permission form has now closed – please contact Mr Muir.