FEMME has been selected as one of the 24 competing Choirs for this year’s NZCF Big Sing National Finale in Auckland. We are ecstatic. This is an amazing achievement! To make the Finale, be the only choir south of Christchurch and one of three from the South Island, is a massive acknowledgement of how hard they have worked and how they have come together to be a strong team.
- Date: Event runs from Friday 25 August to Sunday 27 August 2023. The group will depart on Thursday 24 August and return on Monday 28 August.
- Accommodation: Haka Lodge, 373 Karangahape Rd, CBD, Auckland 1010. Phone: 09 379 4559. It is a twelve minute walk from the Auckland Town Hall.
- Teachers attending: Miss Sarah Rae and Mr Peter de Blois
- Parent Help: Jody Drysdale, Mandy Johnston, Rochelle Francis
- Cost: $850.00. Payment plans in place.
Being a competing Choir involves:
- Meeting all rehearsal and sound check obligations
- Presenting two recitals at the Auckland Town Hall
- Watching other choirs perform in their recitals
- Rehearsal and performance of a masses item in the Gala Concert
- Performance of one of our five pieces in the Gala Concert
- Attending the farewell student function
This event contains risks, associated with travel public area risks. This event is managed by school staff who will manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety management plan. This includes careful planning and management, supervision of the group whilst in public areas for performance events. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact Miss Rae.
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all staff and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will result in your child being sent home at the cost of the parents or caregivers.
Please complete the permission, health form below by Monday 14 August 2023.
"*" indicates required fields