Each year our Year 13’s attend the University of Otago Tertiary Open Day which allows students considering study beyond the big red doors of SGHS to experience campus life.
Losa and Kheelan (pictured), two of the senior SGHS students who attended this year applied for and were successful in being chosen for a POCA Scholarship. The girls had all their costs covered for the following:
- Travel to and from Dunedin
- Live in a Residential College (2 nights stay)
- Visit academic departments and meet academic support staff who support students attending University of Otago.
- Meet current students and hear about their experiences
- Attend the University Open Day
Kheelan and Losa (pictured), thoroughly enjoyed the experience and learnt so much about the opportunities that exist to further their learning next year.