We have been offered an exciting opportunity to attend the Growing Future Farmers Open Day at Wakefield Farm in Dipton on Tuesday 25th July 2023. Students will be shown what courses they offer, gain hands-on experience throughout the day and listen to past and present students from the course. This is another way to see what courses or careers are available in the Agricultural industry and we have never taken a class before. This is a great chance for our students to be fully immersed in the Agricultural industry for a day.
Growing Future farmers aims to accelerate the careers of school leavers from entry-level Essential Farm Skills through to Advanced Farm Skills and Business Management. Last year we had one student who applied and is now a student of the programme after visiting this open day and currently we have two former students enrolled on the programme and they highly recommend being a part of this incredible opportunity.
For your child to attend this day please read through the following information below and complete the permission form due Friday 21 July 2023.
If you have any questions regarding this trip please get in touch with Mrs Mel Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tuesday 25 July 2023
- Time: Depart SGHS at 9:00 am / Return to SGHS at 2:00 pm (Students will be expected to return to their period 4 class when we arrive back to School)
- Venue: Wakefield Farm, 194 Dipton Bush Road, Dipton, Southland.
- Who: Year 12 Agricultural class
- Transport: School vans – driven by SGHS staff, Mrs Young and Mrs Cauldwell.
- Uniform requirements: Students are to wear mufti clothing suitable for the weather conditions on the day. Sturdy covered in footwear e.g gumboots, gym shoes that can get dirty. Hat/Beanie and Gloves, warm waterproof jacket.
- Food: BBQ Lunch is provide. Please bring plenty of snacks and a full drink bottle.
- Cost: $10.00 per student – full payment due by Friday 21 July 2023.
- Please note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
"*" indicates required fields