As part of the wider Southland Girls’ High School curriculum, the Year 8 cohort have the opportunity to explore Trade skills at the Southern Institute of Technology (SIT). The student will attend SIT for half a day visiting various departments, (joinery, construction, automotive, engineering, electrical). The students are looking at potential pathways into trade. Students will spend time at school (on the same day) working on a ‘building’ project with SIT tutors in the Hall.
- When: Thursday 10th August 2023
- Where: SIT, Tay Street
- Session Times:
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am (for classes 8AJ, 8LR, 8SM)
- 12:30pm – 2:45 pm (for classes 8OC, 8AZ, 8HK)
- Transport: students and staff will be transport by bus on Go Bus
- Depart SGHS 8.45 am, arrive at SGHS 11:45 am
- Depart SGHS 12:15 pm, arrive at SGHS 3.00 pm
- Cost: there is no cost for this trip
- Uniform: Students need to wear their activity top or PE top, black leggings (or trackpants) and closed in shoes (sports shoes are fine). School jacket can also be worn. Please note closed in shoes are compulsory.
This event contains risks, including tours of the SIT construction workshop areas. This event is managed by SGHS school staff in conjunction with SIT. SGHS school staff will also be in attendance and will manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety management plan. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact Amanda Tiplady email@example.com
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all staff and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will result in students be sent back to school and whānau will be advised.
For your child to attend their session we do require parent/caregiver consent – please complete the permission form below by Tuesday 8 August 2023.
"*" indicates required fields