SGHS will be entering teams into the Year 8 – 13 Winter Football Competition. Please read through the following information and if your child is interested they need to complete the registration form on the SGHS noticeboard. Our Sports Office will contact you once the teams are confirmed.
As per school policy, all sports teams entered into competitions must have an adult coach/manager. If you are able to assist with managing and/or coaching a Team please get in contact with our Sports Office. All adult volunteers must be police vetted prior to the sport commencing.
Registration and payment due: to be confirmed
- Dates: Wednesday 10 May 2023 – Wednesday 2 August 2023
- Time of games: from 4 pm
- Practices: After school on Monday from 3.30-4.30 pm
- Venue: Games are at Southland Girls High School, Northern Southland College in Lumsden, Central Southland College in Winton, Menzies College in Wydham and James Hargest College
- Who: students in Years 8 – 13
- Travel: To games and venues via school van driver by staff member, may be back from Lumsden for example as late as 6.30pm
- Cost: $75 per player
- Uniform requirements: SGHS Playing uniform is provided. Players responsibility for the season to clean for games and return at seasons end, they need to have their own red socks, shin pads and football boots. I have some spare pairs of boots if need be.
- SGHS Staff Contact: Mr Eddie Peters; email@example.com