Basketball – Year 9-13 (Term 2/3)
Registrations for students in Years 9-13 are now open in the Sports Office. Please ensure you register your name before end of Term 1. Any questions please speak with Mrs Huia or Mrs Gay in the Sports Office.
- Dates: Friday 13 May – Friday 26 August (games are not played over the school holidays)
- Venue: ILT Stadium Southland – Anyone not playing in a SGHS basketball team aged over 12 years and 3 months will require a valid My Vaccine Pass to enter the venue.
- Grades: Year 9 – 13 students
- Times: Most games start from 4 pm – please check the weekly draw each week for game times.
- Trials: 5 pm – 7 pm on the dates below at the SGHS Gym.
- Trial 1: Monday 04 April
- Trial 2: Wednesday 06 April
- Trial 3: Friday 08 April
- Training: to be confirmed.
- Uniform: SGHS Basketball Uniform, sneakers. A mouthguard is compulsory and must be worn on court by all players.
- Team Manager: is required for each team. If you are able to assist with this role please indicate this on the permission form and our Sports Office will be in contact with you. It is a requirement that all Team Managers/Coaches are Police Vetted prior to commencing this role. SGHS will provide these forms.
- Cost: $85.00 per player – full payment due by Friday 06 May 2022.
- Please Note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
Permission form has now closed. Please speak with our Sports Office.
Basketball – Year 7/8
SGHS will be entering Year 7/8 Basketball teams into the Southland Basketball Secondary School competition. The competition runs across 8 weeks and is held on Tuesday afternoons at ILT Stadium Southland.
- All participants (players/coaches/officials/spectators) aged over 12 years and 3 months will require a valid My Vaccine Pass to enter the venue.
- Start Date: Tuesday 08 March 2022 – 10 May 2022
- Grades: Year 7/8 Teams
- Competition info: All games will be held at ILT Stadium Southland. It is the student’s responsibility to transport to and from the games.
- Times: All games are held between 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Draws: will be available each week in the SGHS Sports Office
- Trials: Thursday 24 February 2022 and Friday 25 February 2022 – lunchtime at SGHS
- Training: Team training will be held on Tuesday lunchtimes. The first training is on Tuesday 01 March.
- Uniform: Year 7/8 SGHS PE Uniform
- Cost: $65.00 per player – full payment due by Friday 04 March 2022.
- Please note: School Policy requires payment in full for your child to be eligible to participate in this sport. Payments will be allocated to any unpaid fees and charges on your child’s account first.
Teacher in Charge of Basketball: Mrs Jess Huia
Email: [email protected]
Sports Captain for Basketball: Kennedy Taylor