South Island Secondary School’s Volleyball Tournament will be held in Christchurch from 22 – 25 February 2024. Our Senior A volleyball team will be competing in this tournament as part of Summer Tournament Week.
For your child to attend the SISS Volleyball Tournament in Christchurch we do require permission by Tuesday 5th December and payment by Friday 9th February 2024. Please read through the information and complete the form below.
Dates of Volleyball events; Miss Hansen will email further information about event to parents/caregivers:
SISS Volleyball Tournament Information:
- Dates: Thursday 22 February 2024 – Sunday 25 February 2024. The team will depart SGHS at 8:00 am on Thursday 22 February and return to SGHS on Sunday by 8 pm.
- Accommodation: Bealey Quarter, 263-247 Bealey Ave, Christchurch
- Transport: students and staff attending will be transported Go Bus Van, driven by Miss Hansen.
- Food requirements: students need to bring a packed lunch for the first day, water bottle and any other snacks/food they wish to bring for the trip. Each player can please bring their own cereal of choice or toast spread – bread and milk will be provided. Please indicate any food allergies/requirements so we can organise accordingly. We encourage each girl to bring some baking and/or fruit to assist with supper and snacks.
- Uniform requirements: SGHS Travel Uniform , SGHS jacket, have your back T-Shirt, navy trackpants, casual shoes and playing uniform is SGHS have your back T-Shirt, SGHS volleyball uniform and gym shoes.
- Teacher in Charge: Miss Courtney Hansen; email@example.com
- Venue: Pioneer Stadium, 75 Lyttleton Street, Christchurch
- Cost: $735.00 per student – full payment due by Friday 9 February 2024.
This event contains risks associated with travel and sport, including road travel and common injuries like strains, sprains and dislocations. The tournament is managed by the Canterbury Volleyball Association and SGHS will help to manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety management plan. This includes careful planning, following the itinerary and all accommodation and tournament procedures. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact Courtney Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all coaches, managers and netball officials and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will be sent home at the cost of the parents/caregivers
"*" indicates required fields