The South Island Secondary Schools Junior Netball Tournament is being held in Christchurch from 2nd-5th July 2023. Your child has been selected to attend as part of the SGHS 10A and 9A Teams.
Please read through the following information below and complete the permission and health form – due by Friday 23 June 2023.
- Depart: Sunday 2 July at 7.45am – SGHS Connexions carpark
- Return: Wednesday 5 July at 3:00 pm – 11.00pm arrive back to SGHS Connexions carpark
- Transport: GoBus Hire Vans
- Drivers: Go Bus Hire Vans – Jasmine Hamilton, Larni Farquharson, Sharne Smith
- Adults attending: Larni Farquharson, Sharne Smith, Ariana Cunningham and Jasmine Hamilton
- Clothing and equipment required: Travel and playing uniform is required
- Cost: $650.00 per child – full payment is due by Friday 30 June 2023
- Accommodation: St Margaret’s College – Kilburn House, Merivale, Christchurch
- Food/Meals: Players are to provide their own lunch as we travel through to Christchurch. All other meals will be provided. We encourage each child to bring some baking or fruit to assist with supper and snacks.
- Venue: Tournament being held at Christchurch Netball Centre, Hagley Netball Court, 455 Hagley Ave, Christchurch
- Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy
This event contains risks associated with travel and sport, including road travel and common injuries like strains, sprains and dislocations. The tournament is managed by the SISS Junior Netball Association and SGHS will help to manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety and tournament procedures. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact our Director of Sport, Julie Loan at email@example.com
In the event of a student developing Covid 19 while in Christchurch we will require parents/caregivers to come to Christchurch to collect their child.
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all coaches, managers and netball officials and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will be sent home at the cost of the parents/caregivers
Please complete permission and health form below – due by Friday 23 June 2023.