Please read through the following information and complete the permission form below – due by Friday 24 June 2022
If you have any questions regarding this competition please contact our Teacher in Charge, Mr Nathan Muir; email@example.com
- Dates: Mondays; 27 June / 4 July / 25 July / 1 August / 8 August / 15 August / 18 August (new date)
- Who: SGHS 1st XV rugby players
- Times: All games in the competition round kick-off at 4 pm.
- Games on Monday the 28 of June and 5 July kick-off times are yet to be confirmed.
- Parents/Whānau will be emailed regarding details of the pre-season game vs. Columba.
- The full draw will be released by Rugby Southland by Friday, 18 June.
- Venues: To be confirmed once the draw is released by Rugby Southland on or before Friday, 18 June. We will email this to whānau and students. Teams entered historically in the competition are; SGHS 1st XV, Verdon Combined, Central Southland College, Eastern Combined, and Southland Girls High School will use Oreti Park and Sandy Point as our home grounds.
- Uniform Requirements:
- SGHS will provide the correct playing jersey for all players this must be returned at the end of the season or when requested throughout the season or you will be charged $110.00 for a replacement.
- Socks can be purchased through the school at a subsidised cost of $5.00 see Mr Muir organise.
- Navy blue shorts, rugby boots and a mouthguard are also compulsory uniform requirements. If you need assistance in sourcing/purchasing any of the uniform requirements please contact Teacher in Charge Nathan Muir.
- Transport: All departure and arrival times will be confirmed by email once the draw has been finalised and released by Rugby Southland. Typical departure and arrival times based on previous season seasons are. We travel to games via school bus or van. Face masks are required by all staff and students while travelling inside the school van/bus.
- vs Eastern Girls at Gore High School depart SGHS at 2.15 pm and return 7 pm
- vs Central Southland College depart SGHS at 2.30 pm and return at 6.15 pm
- vs Verdon Combined at Verdon College depart SGHS at 3.00 pm and return at 5.30 pm
- Home Games at Oreti Park depart SGHS at 2.50 pm and return at 5.45 pm
- Other Information: We take injury prevention at Southland Girls High School very seriously and a major part of that is the disclosure of injuries from players, families and whanau. If your daughter has sustained an injury, no matter how minor we need to know about it so we can respond appropriately through our training and games. If you require any further information about identifying and managing injuries please follow the link: https://www.rugbysmart.co.nz/
- Cost: $175.00 per player – full payment due by Friday 22 July 2022.
- Please note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
Permission Form has closed.