A REMINDER ABOUT PERSONAL LEARNING CONFERENCES
MONDAY 11 JUNE 2018
We invite you to the first Personal Learning Conference for 2018 being held Monday, June 11th from 9.00am until 6.00pm.
There will be no classes that day, but your daughter is expected to attend her Personal Learning Conference in school uniform.
At the Learning Conference, you will receive information regarding your daughter’s progress in her subjects to date and discuss her future steps and goals.
To prepare for this Conference your daughter has spent time with her subject teachers reflecting on her learning, her next steps and her Learning Habits.
Booking an interview time please go to www.schoolinterviews.co.nz
Years 9-13 Code: wnxq7
Years 7-8 Code: cztx6
If you cannot access this, please ring Student Services on 03 2116030 for assistance.
If this day is unsuitable for you as a family, please contact your Academic Tutor to reschedule.
Please note :
- Parking will be available in the East and West car parks.
- Babysitting and coffee/tea facilities are available in the Staffroom, Student Services will direct you.
Personal Learning Conferences are a partnership between the student, whanau and the school.
For students, the conferences are an opportunity to:
- Develop and extend their ability to talk about learning.
- Deepen their relationship with their parents/caregivers around their school learning, to celebrate what has been learnt.
- Shape their ability to clarify what they are learning and assess their own progress.
- Reflect on their learning and modify it as a result of the reflection.
For parents, the conferences are an opportunity to:
- Actively and meaningfully supported their child in her learning.
- Understand more fully, what the child is learning and the progress they are making.
- Support the child with their goals.
- Enjoy a rich, learning-orientated conversation with the child and her teacher.
- Be aware of how much the child is taking responsibility for her own learning.
Some suggestions to think about…
- What do you and your daughter feel that she does well and why?
- What do you and your daughter feel that she needs to improve and why?
- What do your daughter enjoy doing when she is not at school?
- Things I want the school the know about my daughter
We look forward to seeing you all on June 11th.