Congratulations! your child has now had their entry approved for the DanceNZmade Interschool competition to be held on Friday 18 August 2023 at ILT Stadium Southland.
Your child should have brought home a copy of the preliminary information regarding requirements for rehearsals, and their responsibilities as a member of the SGHS DanceNZmade team. You can read/download this document HERE.
Entry this year is all done via an app. Please Click HERE to access the app.
If you open this link on your device in your browser app (or just in a computer browser) you will be able to log in and enter. (It’s easiest to sign in via Google but otherwise it will send you a pin and you can log in that way.) Enter using the appropriate form(s) on the entry screen. After a couple of minutes the fees owing will appear on the same entry screen, click through to add the fees to your cart for however many entries you have submitted, then go to payment screen to pay. Entries are confirmed once payment is received. If the entry button has disappeared then it means that entries are full! All other information for this can be found on the DanceNZmade website.https://www.dancenzmade.co.nz/interschool
- Date: Friday 18 August 2023
- Venue: ILT Stadium Southland, Surrey Park Rd, Invercargill
- Time: This is an ALL day event. Students are to be dropped at the stadium by 8:45 am and picked up at the end of the show by their parents/caregivers. End of the show time to be confirmed and determined by number of entries. (It was approximately 9:30 pm in 2022).
- Who: SGHS DanceNZmade Year 7-13 students. Mrs Sharee Ineson and Mrs Chrissie Bakker (SGHS staff), will be attending the event with the students.
- Tickets: these will be made available closer to the time.
- Food: please ensure your child has enough food and water to last the whole day. If you would like to come and drop off food for dinner you are more than welcome to do so.
- Uniform requirements: SGHS PE uniform and own costume.
- Workshops: the workshops are compulsory for students to attend.
- Cost: $25.00 per student (dance workshops), plus the cost of each dance entry fee (see table below). – payment and registration due by Saturday, 10 June 2023 via app.
|Duo||$15.00 per dancer|
|Trio||$10.00 per dancer|
|Group||$7.50 per dancer (if 4 in the group)|
|Non competitor fee (if only doing the workshops)||$35.00 per dancer|
|Dance Workshops (compulsory for all competing students)||$25.00 per dancer|
This event contains risks, including potential sprains, strains and bruises from dancing. This event is managed by school staff who will manage risk and hazards according to the school’s safety management plan. This includes safe warming up and ensuring students medical information is up to date. While risks can be maintained to acceptable levels they cannot be totally eliminated. Some risk is retained for its learning and experiential value. If you wish to come in to school to see our safety management systems or have any questions, feel free to contact Mrs Chrissie Bakker on 021 1910003.
It is important for safety reasons that students follow instructions given to them by all staff and follow all appropriate school rules. Behaviour by students that is deemed dangerous and puts themselves and/or others at undue risk will result in home being called and being removed from the competition.
All entries will then be sent to Mrs Bakker to confirm. Please note the workshops are compulsory. Entries close on Saturday, 10 June 2023 via the app. If you have any questions regarding the event please contact our teacher in charge, Mrs Chrissie Bakker, email@example.com
"*" indicates required fields