PLEASE NOTE: the ski trip is now full – any entries submitted will now be placed on a waitlist. (posted 10 August 2022)
Two full days of skiing are offered to the students this year. This includes one day at Remarkables Ski Field and one day at Coronet Peak Ski Field. If your child would like to attend please read through the following information and complete the permission form below, due by Wednesday 10 August 2022.
Please Note: Places on the trip are allocated to students who are purchasing the whole ski package. Students who wish to attend but have their own lift pass and ski gear will need to speak with Mrs Diack (Teacher in Charge), to ascertain if there is room for them on the trip as priority will be given to those students who cannot normally access the opportunity to ski/snowboard.
- Dates: Friday, 19 August – Sunday, 22 August 2022
- Transport: GOBus Coachlines.
- Departs school 5:30 pm (students need to have eaten prior to departure)
- Returns to school on Sunday, at approximately 7:00 pm.
Students wishing to be collected or dropped off at a different point must give a signed note to the teacher in charge of the ski trip at the ski meeting prior to the trip.
- Accommodation: Staff and students will be staying at Lakeland Christian Camp, located in Kelvin Heights, Ph: 03 442 8809. The accommodation available sleeps 4 – 10 people per room. Students will organise themselves into bunkrooms or will have accommodation organised for them.
- Equipment Hire: Students need to be aware if that if rental ski or snowboard equipment is lost or damaged that they may be liable to pay part costs towards replacement of that equipment.
- Clothing: Waterproof jacket, ski pants, warm clothing, waterproof gloves / mittens, sunglasses/goggles, sunscreen, spare socks. A limited amount of gear can be hired from the school by paying a bond of $20 which will be returned once the gear is returned. A helmet is provided as a part of the ski/snowboard package. All students must wear a helmet while skiing/snowboarding. Failure to do so will mean that students will not be allowed to ski/snowboard that day.
- Cost: $350.00 per student – full payment due by Wednesday 10 August.
- This includes accommodation, bus transport, ski lesson, gear hire, lift pass and food (food includes Saturday/Sunday breakfast, Sunday lunch and Saturday dinner).
- Please note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
- Lessons: For safety, all students must take the 1½ hour lesson each day, which is arranged so that students are skiing/snowboarding at their correct ability level. Skiing and snowboarding are physical activities. It is recommended that students visit the following site in order to understand how to prepare themselves for this activity: https://www.verywellfit.com/exercise-for-skiing-1231197
- Withdrawals/Refunds/Injuries: If a student is injured or unable to ski on the 2nd day of the trip, efforts will be made to secure a refund. Please note the ski field charge an administration fee, a full refund will not be possible. If a student is unable to attend the trip prior to departure for any reason, they must notify Mrs Diack ASAP – we will advise if a partial refund is possible as some costs are non refundable once the trip is booked. If a student can find another SGHS student to replace them they must advise this to Mrs Diack ASAP.
- Health Form: all students attending the 2 day ski trip must have a completed ‘EOTC Student Health Form’ before they depart. Please click HERE to complete.
- Gear List: these will be handed out to those students attending by Mrs Diack.
If you have any questions regarding this trip please get in touch with the teacher in charge Mrs Michelle Diack; [email protected]