Students learn about tourist attractions both in New Zealand and destinations overseas.
Tourism units enable students to identify examples of industry participants and gain skills in communication with people from various cultures.
National Certificate in Tourism and Travel Introducing Skills Level 2 & 3
Level 3 - Year 13
This course is made up of 4 Unit Standards which gives a total of 24 credits.
- US 24733 Describe and Promote New Zealand as a Tourist Destination
- US 03727 Demonstrate Knowledge of Pacifi Island countries as a Tourist Destination
- US 18211 Demonstrate Knowledge of Australia as a Tourist Destination
- US 24725 Describe and Analyse the Economic Significance of Tourism
Level 2 - Year 12
This course is made up of 7 compulsory Unit Standards which give a total of 24 credits.
- US 24728 Work Roles
- US 24729 Demonstrate Knowledge of World Destinations
- US 24731 Demonstrate Knowledge of destinations within New Zealand
- US 24732 Demonstrate Knowledge of Tourisr Characteristics and Needs
- US 24730 Demonstrate Knowledge of the Business of Tourism
- US 24726 Describe and Compare Social and Cultural Impacts of Tourism
- US 24737 Tourism Impacts - Describe ad compare the Impacts of Tourism on the Physical Environment