SGHS NETBALL GUIDELINES, INFORMATION AND PERMISSION FORM
- All Secondary School Grade teams $65.00 per player
- Full payment of fees are due on: Friday 14 May 2021
- Payments received will be allocated to unpaid fees and charges on your child’s account first
Payment Policy – SGHS
Please note School policy requires payment in full for your child to be eligible to play. If payment has not been received by the due date your child is not eligible to play and will be withdrawn from the team.
Payments received will be allocated to unpaid fees and charges on your child’s account first.
Netball fees are not considered paid if they have been allocated to any unpaid charges.
Once a player has paid and registered, a commitment for the season has been made. INC and SGHS does not issue refunds for players who withdraw during the season.
Secondary School Grade Netball Uniform
- Regulation SGHS PE Top
- Netball Skirt – plain red
- Gym shoes only are to be worn
- SGHS navy blue spandex pants (worn under netball skirt) – optional
- Thermal tops can be worn – only plain Navy blue only are accepted
- White ankle socks
- Uniform items can be ordered and paid for at Student Services. New Netball Skirts are $35.00 each. Second Hand Netball Skirts are $15.00 each (limited amount available).
- ALL Players must wear registered playing uniform only and the school activity top or sports jacket. No tracksuit pants, jeans, or other clothing may be worn.
- Teams are not permitted to have their own team top, hoodie, trackpants.
- Players will not be able to take the court if they are not in the registered school playing uniform.
Guidelines for Players
- Players are representing the school and therefore the appropriate school rules apply. Behaviour at the venue must be exemplary at all times;
- Players can only play in the team they are registered in. While players may be chosen to play in a SGHS team graded above them, this is at the team coach’s discretion. The Invercargill Netball Centre issue fines for players playing in inappropriate teams;
- Players must arrive a minimum of 30 minutes before start time to appropriately warm up with the team;
- No jewellery is allowed and cannot be taped. Hair must be pulled back off the face;
- Only the coach or manager will complete the playing score card before play starts;
- If a player is unable to make practice or a game, she must advise her coach (not another team member) in enough time to allow for possible substitutes for that team. If a player does not attend practice without reason she is not guaranteed to play;
- If a player misses 3 practices or games without notifying the coach the player will be withdrawn from the team without a refund. All coaches will receive an attendance sheet;
- Please arrange appointments outside practice times;
- Correct training gear must be worn for practice (proper gym shoes and shorts/track pants and top). School shoes, socks, bare feet and school uniform are inappropriate to be training in.
All teams in Open grade are required to umpire. If teams fail to provide umpires, an immediate fine of $100 per umpire per game is issued by the Invercargill Netball Centre.
It is vital that all teams set up an umpiring roster at the beginning of the season. Please ensure that players do their umpiring duty. All Fines are payable by the team, not the school.
- Most games start at 8:30 am, with last rounds approx. 6:30 pm.
- Draws are placed on the sports noticeboard at SGHS and onto the INC website, http://www.invercargillnetball.co.nz/draws-1/draws-1
- Premier grade games are 4 x 15 minute quarters
- Other games will be 4 x 10 minute quarters
Please ensure your child’s medical conditions are updated with Student Services prior to the competition starting.
If your child wears a ‘migraine stud earring’ inside the ear, and is unable to remove it, you must obtain clearance from INC to play. This will include a medical certificate which will need to be provided at your cost.
PERMISSION FORM: closes on Friday 14 May 2021
This permission form has now closed, please contact our Sports Director, Jess Huia on 03 211 6030.