As part of the Duke of Edinburgh Award, students have the opportunity to attend a tramp working towards their bronze and silver awards. Please read through the following information below and complete the permission form by Friday 24 June 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this trip please contact the Teacher in Charge, Ms Sue Mattingly, [email protected]
- Date: Thursday 30 June – Depart SGHS 3:30 pm – Saturday 2 July 2022 – return to SGHS 3:30 pm.
- Venue: Kiwiburn Track, Snowden Forest (Click HERE for location information)
- Who: Duke of Edinburgh students
- Cost: $50.00 per student – full payment due by Friday 24 June 2022.
- Please note: Board financial procedure requires payment in full, by the due date for your child to purchase resources, participate in sports or attend trips/events. Payments received will be allocated to the oldest unpaid fees and charges owing on your child’s account first. Extra-curricular activities operate on a “pay before you play” policy.
- Transport: all students and staff attending will be transported by the school vans. Facemasks are required to be worn inside the van by all staff and students.
- Parent Help: please indicate on the form below if you are able to assist on the tramp. You must have a good level of fitness and your own tramping gear. It is a requirement that all parent helpers on school trips are also Police Vetted prior to attending. SGHS will provide these forms.
- Staff attending: Mr John Grogan and Ms Sue Mattingly
- Gear List: please click HERE for the full gear list. If there are any items on this list that you do not have please let Ms Mattingly know asap.
- Health Form: All students must complete the health form before they depart for the tramp. Please click HERE to complete – due by Friday 24 June 2022.